Veep Drinking Game

Going Up?

On this blog somewhere, I did a posting about how a large number of Microsoft employees live in their own little world. I used the term, the “MS Bubble”. I think I might be changing it to the “MS world” or perhaps, “My Little Microsoft Land.” I don’t know, if you have any suggestions please leave a comment.


To the point – The building I work in has a parking garage directly underneath it. So, it involves taking an elevator to the upper floors. There is a small area with windows and a door in front of two elevators. The door of course, involves swiping your security badge to get in. The windows are large enough, so that when someone is in the elevator they can see someone walking up. Most people outside of “Microsoft Land” when getting on the elevator, see someone walking up, they will hold the elevator. It’s called being polite, I’ve even done it, and I’m not a polite person. Microsoft people on the other hand do not. This morning, I’m walking up, I see two people getting on the elevator, they see me walking through the door, neither one bothers to hold the elevator for me. This isn’t unusual, in fact I can’t think of a single time someone has done this.


So from now on, I’m going to start paying attention to the faces who do this, and hopefully one of these days, I can respond on kind. The only difference being, you will see me flipping you the finger as the elevator door shuts.

Comments